Dobson Mitchell Allport is a leading Tasmanian law firm. Our experienced lawyers and advocates act for business, government and individuals. We provide innovative and expert services to our business, private and government clients. Our services extend further than just providing legal advice and are practical and client focused. Based in Hobart, our lawyers work in all parts of the State. As a firm we are proud of our active and committed role as part of the Tasmanian community. We give advice to many Australian charities and not-for-profit organisations. Our lawyers are Directors, members and volunteers in a broad range of community, industry and government organisations.
As a member of AMA Tasmania, this partnership provides you with legal assistance and support, both individually, for your business and your staff. Dobson Mitchell Allport will provide AMA Tasmania members with an initial consultation by phone or in person at no cost (up to 30 minutes).
Take advantage of this benefit with advice from highly qualified lawyers on:
- Setting up your practice, including buying a business, business structuring, contracts and advice on restraint of trade clauses
- Running your practice, including industrial relations and workplace safety, employment, service, and locum contracts and corporate governance
- Group practice issues and bringing in additional owners including partnership, shareholder and buy-sell agreements
- Selling your practice including helping to get ready for sale, workout and earn-out arrangements
- Resolution of disputes about restraints, contracts (including building contracts and shareholder agreements) and debt collection
- Regulatory issues including investigations by the Office of the Health Ombudsman (OHO), Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and Medicare Australia
- Your personal matters including buying, selling and leasing property
- Estate planning including creating and documenting strategies to transfer wealth from one generation to the next.