15 Sep 2011
19th November 2010: The AMA has pleasure in lodging this Budget Submission covering capital and recurrent expenditure in the heath sectors. These issues have been raised by a wide cross section of members from across the state and in many different clinical areas. Click here for a full copy. In summary:
- Prioritise Capital Works expenditure over purchases.
- Secure dementia unit at the RHH
- RHH - Conversion of the current administration into additional wards for 60 beds and relocating administration offices.
- Build an additional 400 car parking spaces on site - RHH
- 100% increase in anesthetic area - RHH
- Information Technology including a flexible live electronic discharge access
- 150 extra beds in public hospitals across the state in order that the 85% occupancy rates recommended by the AMA can be achieved.
- Cancer Services for Tasmania.
- Exclusive on Call Arrangements for Visiting Surgeons.
- Provide additional training for General Physicians and General Surgeons.
- Allow movement of hospital based staff physicians into the private hospitals.
- Accrual based Capital Replacement Budgets.
- Launceston General Hospital
Published: 15 Sep 2011